Updater Partners with Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices
(NEW YORK/SAN ANTONIO) February 27, 2018 - Updater, the nation’s leading relocation technology platform, today announced a preferred supplier relationship with Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, one of the most respected real estate brands in America. The announcement was made leading up to the Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Sales Convention, which takes place March 4-6, 2018, in San Antonio, Texas.
Updater is the first relocation technology company to help consumers digitally update accounts and records, forward mail, connect and transfer utilities and home services, find and book reputable moving companies, and more – on one platform. Updater now processes over 15% of Americans who move annually.
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices is one of America’s fastest-growing real estate brokerage networks with nearly 44,000 agents and 1,350 offices named to the brand since its September 2013 launch. "We are very excited to do business with Updater as a Preferred Supplier," said Gino Blefari, president and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices. "We believe this technology will deliver a best in class, customized, white-glove service to our clients while providing Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices network members with a way to increase client engagement."
“We’re thrilled to provide another tier of excellence to the level of service the Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices network provides their clients across the country,” said Chris Avery, Updater’s Vice President of Real Estate. “Brokerages that choose to use Updater create an unrivaled client experience from initial meeting to well beyond closing, bringing an added value to the agent-client relationship that’s never existed before.”
With Updater, clients of the Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices network will be able to complete the following moving-related tasks using one platform:
- Update Accounts: Clients can automatically update account records for more than 15,000 business, including magazines, newspapers, alumni associations, charities, retailer loyalty and frequent flier accounts.
- Compare & Book a Moving Company: Clients can compare prices, schedule in-home estimates, and reserve trustworthy, Updater Certified Moving Companies.
- Connect Home Services & Utilities: Clients can transfer utilities, set up digital services and schedule in-home installations.
- Forward Mail: Clients can file their official U.S. Postal Service mail-forwarding form.
- Send Digital Moving Announcements: Clients can notify friends and family that they are moving with a custom digital e-card to post on social media or send via email.
- Claim Move-in Offers: Clients can take advantage of special offers and exclusive deals on moving services and expenses, including, but not limited to: discounts on professional cleaning, packing materials, mattresses, new checks.
- And, more!
Updater (ASX:UPD) is the nation’s first relocation technology platform designed to make moving easier for the 45 million Americans that relocate every year. Updater helps users seamlessly update accounts and records, transfer utilities and digital services, find and book a reputable moving company, forward mail and more. From real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies, Updater’s proprietary relocation technology platform has become an industry standard, enabling a personalized and trusted all-in-one app for the relocation process. Headquartered in New York City, Updater was named one of Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest rated tech company on the list. Updater has raised nearly $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, and Second Century Ventures, the strategic investment arm of the National Association of REALTORS®. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
About Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, based in Irvine, CA, is a real estate brokerage franchise network built for a new era in residential real estate. The network, among the few organizations entrusted to use the world-renowned Berkshire Hathaway name, brings to the real estate market a definitive mark of trust, integrity, stability and longevity. The brand in 2017 was recognized for “Highest Overall Satisfaction for Repeat Home Sellers Among National Full Service Real Estate Firms” in J.D. Power’s Home Buyer/Seller Satisfaction Study. Visit berkshirehathawayhs.com.