Creating the Perfect Email Signature for Your Brand
An email’s closing is just as important as its content. Ending messages with a dash and your name simply won’t cut it.
And yet, while most people put quite a bit of thought into the content of an email, the same isn’t always true for the signature of an email – but it should be. Your email signature matters, and it should be an authentic representation of you and your brand. That said, there are certain guidelines you should aim to follow.
Updater's own Marketing Director, Jenna Weinerman, recently contributed to Inman with her top tips for crafting the perfect email signature. From photos to links to designations, Jenna sounds off on what will make you stand out and what will send you right to the spam folder.
Here are some of Jenna’s key pointers:
- Avoid uploading as attachments
- Steer clear of black and white images
- Only include in introductory emails
- Keep them to a minimum (they’re prime indicators of spam)
- Shorten and hyperlink URLs
- Only include what’s necessary
- Consider what information is relevant to your client
- Use sparingly
Check out Jenna’s full article to discover what makes an email signature memorable and learn how to create one that works for you and your brand.