Counting Down to AMSA Education Conference & Expo
The AMSA 2017 Education Conference & Expo is next week! The Updater team is most looking forward to escaping winter’s icy grip, participating in several events, racing trucks, pulling trucks, and much, much more. Before you get on a plane to Palm Springs, have a look forward to some of the most important, fun, and fascinating things at the AMSA Education Conference & Expo next week.
Updater’s picks: must-see sessions and events
Last month, we gave you an in-depth sneak preview of some of the most interactive events at the conference. In case you missed it, here’s a refresher:
- The AMPAC Pinewood Derby. You don’t want to miss this action-packed derby, in which AMPAC custom-made pinewood trucks compete to see who can cross the finish line first.
- 40Below Panel: Millennial Insights — What's Trending in Moving & Operations. Our Marketing Director Jenna will share the stage with our friends from Olympia Moving & Storage and University Moving & Storage, among others, during this 40Below Panel. They’ll discuss best practices on appealing to millennial consumers and what it takes to nurture and convert them to loyal customers.
- Move for Hunger’s 1st annual AMSA Truck Pull! Move for Hunger has made it easy for conference attendees to give back… and have a lot of fun in the process. Are you strong enough to pull a moving truck? Our team certainly is, and that’s why we've signed up to participate in this great cause.
Click here to get detailed information on those events.
AMSA’s first-ever Tech Forum
There’s another exciting session to add to your agenda for the first time: the Tech Forum, which takes place 3:15-5:15pm on Monday, February 27th. There will be handful of tables — each posing a question related to technology in the moving industry — and participants will move from table to table answering questions. Attendees will gain invaluable, actionable insights across the changing technology landscape. Jenna Weinerman, our Marketing Director, will be hosting a table, so come prepared for some intellectual speed dating. (Jenna’s question: TBA!)
This year’s education sessions
One of the best things about the AMSA Education Conference & Expo is, well, the educational component. 2017 session topics range from the latest, greatest technology in the industry — from workplace productivity apps to consumer-grade technology — to the unique needs of senior consumers, and beyond. There’s a session for you — whether you’re looking to bulk up your hiring efforts, get the most out of your AMSA benefits, or simply hone your leadership skills.
AMSA honors the moving and storage industry's top drivers
Another thing to enjoy this year? AMSA gives out annual awards recognizing drivers and owner-operators who top the charts when it comes to the safest, most reliable, and customer-oriented in household goods truck transportation. We'd like to congratulate the following Super Van Operator Awards winners:
- Lifetime Achievement: Robert "Mike" Westfall, who drives for Ted R. Sanders Moving and Warehouse, an Allied Agent.
- Household Goods: Christopher Loftus, who drives for the Suddath Companies, a United Van Lines Agent.
- Special Commodities: Ronald Kappellusch, who drives for Planes Moving and Storage, a United Van Lines Agent.
- Rookie of the Year: Daniel Lobbestael, who drives for Morse Moving and Storage, an Allied Agent.
All of these drivers deserve a standing ovation for their dedication to incredible service, teamwork, and innovation in the moving and storage space.
Lastly, be sure to visit booth #209
When you’re not attending a session or crossing your fingers at the Moving & Storage Institute’s annual Silent Auction, stop by Updater’s booth (#209). You’ll be able to chat with our experts about our app for moving, delivering on heightened customer expectations, and even enjoy one-of-a-kind, interactive surprises! Last year, we won the award for Best Booth Technology (for the second time in 3 years!), so you don’t want to miss what we have in store for 2017.
We're looking forward to it! Simply can't wait to see us there?