'Marketing Through the Move-In,' an #AptChat Recap
With the height of moving season upon us, resident satisfaction seems to be on everyone’s mind. Case in point – #AptChat recently hosted a Twitter conversation on “Marketing through the move-in, making a great impression for your newest renters."
After an interactive brainstorm with a few of the best minds in apartment marketing, the top advice rang loud and clear: You'll improve resident move-in by personalizing the experience, treating residents how you’d want to be treated (you were right, Mom – the Golden Rule really does apply everywhere!), and providing a consistent experience across the board. Perhaps most of all, details count.
Here’s a recap of what you missed:
- Hire professional cleaners to clean your residents' new home before move-in
- Have your welcome manager ask your residents what they need for move-in day
- Offer daycare or pet care service on move-in day
- Take care of Fluffy with a simple Pet Welcome Kit
- Digitize everything including rental applications, the lease, and payments
- Leave waters and sodas in their fridge and a free pizza coupon on the counter
- Offer Updater so residents can forward mail and setup utilities before move-in
- Leave toilet paper in the bathroom
- Temporarily reserve parking spots for the moving trucks
- Communicate with your residents and tell them what they need to do in order to have a successful move
- Leave a few free moving boxes at the leasing office
- Offer a housewarming gift, such as a tasteful salad bowl
- Leave a brochure of neighborhood shops on the kitchen counter
- Ask for resident reviews - new residents love you!
Needless to say, there are a million and one ways that you can improve resident move-in, between reserving the elevator or giving new residents building blueprints so they know what furniture will fit through the front door. With a little creative thinking, you'll be well on your way to offering a top-notch resident move-in experience.
Have a move-in pro-tip? Tell us what we missed @updater!