Support Stoop: How to Customize Preferred Providers on Updater
Welcome to the Support Stoop – all the information you need to know about how to use Updater, straight from our Success department!
The Preferred Provider Directory on Updater allows you to display and recommend all of your trusted vendors you know and love directly to your residents. Below, you'll find a number of useful tips and tricks to make sure that your Preferred Providers deliver the most value to impact residents. Think of it like a "just for you" recommendation for each of your new residents!
As long as you include a website, email, or phone number, you can add as many Preferred Providers and local partners as you like! Cable, renter's insurance, and furniture rental companies are popular choices, but you can include whatever you find valuable.
- Ensure high resident engagement from the get-go by promoting all your community amenities — on-site guest suites, fitness center classes, pool hours, you get the idea! If your community doesn't have a fitness center, add information for local gyms or the YMCA.
Include the phone number and/or email address for your community's specific business representatives. That way, your residents will know who to call if they need to directly contact a representative in their area.
- If your company has special programs or deals for residents (like rent to own or partnership discounts), include them in your Preferred Providers Directory. You can also display a link to your company's website or a PDF with more information!
If you receive referral credit from any of your Preferred Providers, remind your residents to mention your name come checkout time! We suggest adding a 70 character or less note in the Discount Description.
- If washers, dryers, and other appliances aren’t included in your apartment homes, partner with an appliance rental service and promote the partnership in the Preferred Provider step.
Did your community negotiate a special offer with any of the Preferred Providers that you work with? Highlight it in the Discount Description — this isn’t a mandatory field, but who doesn’t love a good deal!
- Don't be afraid to add your own neighborhood favorites. Slot in your go-to restaurant around the corner, the best coffee shop in town, or even the neighborhood dry cleaner.
To keep residents with kids in the know, add your local public schools, parks, community centers, and libraries.
- Safety first! Be sure to list the nearest hospital, police station, and fire department.
If your community allows in-unit security systems, let your residents know which companies you allow or recommend!
This is a short list of ways to customize your Preferred Providers, so use this guide as a starting point, but don't be afraid to get creative!
Have a question you’d like to see answered in the Support Stoop? Let us know in the comments below, and our support elves will cover it in an upcoming post.